Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, July 20, 2009

TRANSFERS! Sr. Comp with Elder Calderon/Staying in Ezeiza!

My new companion: Elder Calderon from Chile!


Elder Jensen completed his mission and was leaving for home!
























































































Ha!... sorry i didn't write much last week. I was on exchanges with a zone leader from another zone because last week was the week all the elders going home went to the capital and temple plus last week we just didn't have much time to write home because we couldn't find a cyber (computer place) cuz everything was closed. This past week was fun sad and all around kinda interesting. So it started out last Sunday we had a baptism which was great but at first it wasn't going very well. We ran out of water for the font so it was only a little full, luckily the girl was short. Then the dad said his white pants didn't fit so we had to run back to our house to get my baptism pants for him....which turned out to be quite the experience. However, things finally worked out. After that it was a pretty smooth week with us going to all our investigators and members so my companion could say goodbye to everyone. He had just completed his mission and was leaving for home this next transfer. HA one thing that happened that was funny was when we went over to Rosa's house, this semi old single lady. She asked me if I had a girlfriend and I said I did but she dropped me. She got so mad all of a sudden and started saying what a mean girl and how I should give her phone number to her so she could call her up and chew her out*! This made me chuckle just thinking about this lady calling the states and chewing this sweet girl out in Spanish*! Ha the poor girl prob wouldn't even know what was going on! Luckily I calmed her down and said how it was OK and how everyone has their agency (I likened the topic back to the lesson) and how if we trust in the lord everything will work out. So that was funny.
I have a new companion called Elder Calderon from Chile. He has been out 8 months in the mission and is a convert, which is just what I wanted for some reason. So I'm way excited to start working with him here in Ezeiza. There is a picture of him in the email. For some reason yahoo will only let me open one account right now so I'm sending them thru ldsmail. So hope it works. This next coming week should be fun cuz now I get to call the shots as senior companion. It'll be interesting. Almost everyone I talk to says their first transfer as Sr comp was the hardest they ever worked in their mission. So we´ll see how it goes. :) I'm excited.
This past week as we were going by peoples houses saying goodbye for Elder Jensen, it made me grateful for my eternal family, and how its always nice to have a support system when you're down. Thanks for the package mom. I'll be looking for it. You really don't have to send packages though. The dearelder pouch letters are more than enough. But igual I'm grateful for whatever you send me.
espero que todo bien con todos y que dios bendigas
te amo y te quiero mucho
Elder Schupple

No comments: