Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, December 1, 2008

Killed a dog, hot & cold, good investigators

Hey I'm way sorry I'm early today. We have appointments later today so ya that's why I'm writing now. Well it was a pretty exciting week. To start it off I was bit by a dog. We were just walking down the street and these dogs are barking at us like they always do. We usually don't pay any attention to them, but all of a sudden I feel my heel get bit so i like jump and the dog backs off so I bend down and pick up a rock and freaking throw it as hard as I can at this dog. Well I hit it in the head and killed it...... not what I wanted to do. Now when I go to pick up rocks Elder Backman tells me not to throw them cuz of all the people that are watching. We have to be very careful with what we do when people are watching....well make that all the time but especially when people are watching. So ya i drop the rock and we keep walking.
We are teaching this guy who doesn't have legs. He lost them in a kitchen fire. Hes way sincere about everything and just grateful for everything he has. I don't know how he does it but hes really great. Well on Thursday it was 104 degrees with 56 percent humidity. That was a very hot day, we both were sweating so much, it was supposed to be 113 degrees the next day but luckily it rained so it didn't get that hot. Ha well it started raining Friday and hasn't stopped since and now its way cold. Ha theres no getting in between here.... its either way hot or way cold and rainy. In other news there a lot of freaking Jehovah witnesses down here. They got a crazy system. You cant be a member of their church until you do a year of studying and go out like every other day and do some tracting. So every day we pass the testigos. On Wed there was a whole freaking bunch out. So we were going to this appointment and there they were clapping our appointment's house, [in Argentina you clap instead of knock] There were a ton on this street and we were completely surrounded. But no worries they clapped the house and the investigator said no to them and let us in :) It was a good feeling knowing we have the truth and they are just wasting their time.... that sounds really mean. Ok i have a question, how much is an English quad? a kid down here wants one and asked me to ask you how much they were. So if you could find out for me that would be great. For thanksgiving we appreciated the heat, and ordered empanadas. It was great. then my comp mentioned pie and I've had a huge craving for pumpkin pie since then. That's pretty much what happened this week.
Love you all
elder schupple
PS mom thanks for the packages again don't worry about sending any more i have more than enough :)

No comments: