Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, January 4, 2010

11th Transfer, 5th Area (Platanos) , 9th companion (Elder Palmer)

OK well this past week was interesting. Today was transfers and I ended up getting moved from Glew to Platanos. Elder Acuna will be training so that will be good for him. It was kind of unusual that I was only there for a transfer, but oh well the mission is that way. I am now going to an area called Platanos :) yes meaning "bananas" in spanish. It is right next to Quilmes which, if you remember was my first area where I was taken out during an emergency transfer. So when I got this call I got really excited because this means I will be able to go on exchanges with the zone leaders to my first area and maybe see Maria (a wonderful investigator who was going to be baptized) and some other families I didn't get to say good bye to, so ya I'm way excited. My new companion is Elder Palmer from South Jorden Utah. I've only been with him for about an hour or so but he seems like a really good elder. This is his second transfer so I'm really excited to start speaking and practicing my castellano again, yay. So I'm really excited about this transfer. I'll be letting you all know what its like in Platanos. I will miss Glew but thats OK. OHH ha! Funny story this past week, we were riding the bikes and all of a sudden my handle bars came off. Ha! it was absolutely perfect. I like looked at the handle bars then fell. O goodness, so ya it was actually pretty late and we needed to get back to the pinch quickly so I grabbed my broken bike and ran back to this members house and asked them to hold it for me until the next day. So they did and I started running. Oh my goodness I got so tired that my comp told me to hop on his bike and he would carry us both back to the pinch so I was sitting on the frame and we started going and immediately we fell down but finally we started cruisin. People just looked at us like we were so weird and I must admit it was pretty weird but I'd just smile at them and say hi and good evening as we laughed and grudged on in pain back to the pinch. So now I have a bruise on my rear thanks to the frame but o well, life goes on. Hope all is well at home.
love you all.
elder schupple

No comments: