Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One of the best weeks of the mission!

No I don't have a problem with going to UVU. I heard it was really expensive but whatever... you know better than I do. Oh and thanks to the heavy influence of Utah/ Arizona friends down here, my opinion has gone up about 8 fold about moving to Utah, so ya that sounds fun. Mom you should meet Elder Gublers mom. Hes a funny kid and we have been in 2 zones together already. You'd probably like her. OH also ask Steve how many elders were in his mission. And that's funny that Brad is dancing with Jackie and that shes making him work out. I also hope grandma starts doing better. Thats interesting that you said that about dad always trying to be fun/funny because I got to know this new elder and he told me what I appear to people that don't know me. It made me very content to hear what he said. He just said that I always appear happy and trying to have fun. That made me happy for some reason.
As for this past week, it was great we only found 5 fechas but had 31 other lessons and almost 10 with members. We took out another baptism date and are going to take another one out tonight, then 2 more tomorrow, and we should be baptizing this upcoming sat hopefully. But that's not even the best part about this past week. So we found this MARRIED (thank goodness) couple on a contact we did, so we entered their house and began to get to know them, the lady began to tell us that she had a dream a while ago where she was with a couple of her friends and the friends started doing weird things like smoke and do drugs and for some reason she said that meant the church of Jesus Christ wasn't on the earth anymore, then later on in the dream there was a boy from the united states that came down to visit her to tell her that the church of Jesus Christ had been restored again on the earth.
O my goodness I was just all smiles and couldn't believe what she was telling us because they had never talked to the elders before. Then she continued to another dream she had where she met God and began speaking to him, and he told her that she was one of the elect and that she was saved to come to the earth in the last days. She asked God what that meant and if she was supposed to be a pastor or something and He said "No dont worry I have a plan for you."
OH my goodness when i heard that I was ready to shout with joy. I could not believe what she had just told us. I was in such shock, I didn't even know what to say, so I took off my name tag and showed her the name of our church and how everything she had just told us were things that we teach in our church. We have a return appointment tomorrow where Elder Palmer and the zone leader are going to take out a bap date with them. I'm kinda bummed that I wont be there but at the same time I'm soooooo excited because tomorrow I get to do what I've wanted to do my entire mission-- I'm going back to Ezpaleta! (very near to my first area-- Quilmes) They tell me Maria is still active and sometimes asks about me and is preparing to go to the temple :)..... I am sooo very excited.
Yesterday Elder Palmer and I had to speak in church and it went very well, but what made it awesome was the fact that a member from Ezpaleta was there and after they came up to me and gave me a big hug and told me how great it was to finally be able to actually talk to me and hear how great my castellano is now. (I couldn't speak the language very well when I was there) Oh goodness it was one of the best weeks of the mission.
Hope everything is going well at home. Some members tell me that the world is coming to an end in Haiti because of the earthquake and the states too, so hope yawl are OK. I love you all so much. You're in my prayers.
lvlv
Elder Schupple

No comments: