Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, February 1, 2010

2 more baptisms!

Aww Mom... talking about Steve Branham was weird but it made me feel really good. The story about giving Bishop Eyre a blessing after his surgery when Steve and I were newly ordained elders is something I remember rather vividly.  In fact I told that story about 2 weeks ago with my companion as we were sharing our first blessing stories. So yes I remember it very well.
As for Elder Rice having a golf scholarship at UVU I did know that and was trying to get him to go back there so we could go to the same school, but hes not sure if he will have his scholarship by the time he gets home, and he says if he doesn't he will probably go to the U or something like that. So ya its crazy stuff, I guess we´ll see what happens... either way it´ll all be good. Today as you can see from the pics we played golf.   I remembered how bad I am at that game but oh well, it was still fun.
As for this past week it was a pretty good week.  We baptized 2; the older lady is named Gladys and the girl is Lucero. They are not related or anything but they are both really great people and it was kind of fun to go by yesterday after they received the holy ghost because elder Palmer commented on the noticeable difference in both of them.  I realized he was right.  Ive been here for a long time that I guess I have been getting used to these amazing experiences.  Its fun to have a new person notice these things and bring them to your attention. So ya we had a great week.
As for the lady with the dream, it turns out the husband talked with their pastor and now they keep dodging us  so that's a real bummer but Elder Palmer and I have both feel like it may not be now but they will some day come to the waters of baptism. So we still are trying to get a hold of them... but if not their records are in the area book and eventually other elders will go by and hopefully be able to teach them.
This past week I got a little sick.  Its been very hot out and I dont know if you remember but I sweat a lot and it turns out I wasnt drinking enough water on Tuesday and I ended up throwing up and then getting chills followed by coldness in my body which was weird because it was like 95 degrees that day.  It turned out I was a bit dehydrated, so I laid down and slept for 2 hours with a blanket (after a blessing from my comp) and when I got up and realized my entire bed was wet from my sweat. But I felt better so we went out and worked again. Ive been drinking a lot more water lately. So ya thats pretty much the deal of what happened this week.
hope everything is well up there, love you all
elder schupple

No comments: