Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Arocha family, Ricardo's investigators and speaking with friends from Ezpeleta

NO I'm not set on BYU-I.  I've been thinking and listening to a bunch of opinions from a bunch of different elders and I think UVU probably will be a better option... easier transition to BYU and all that jazz.
So this past week was pretty crazy, first of all we spent a lot of time looking for Ricardo and luckily we found him and he got confirmed.  Yay! very exciting! So we are all very excited.
As for other investigators,  2 weeks ago Elder Palmer and  we on exchanges with the district; he was in Platanos and I went to Hudson. Anyway when I got back he informed me that they were doing contacts and ran into this family that had been listening to the discussions like 6 years ago, or at least the wife was. They are awesome, she wants to get baptized so bad but needs to get married.  Her son Santino is ten and he loves the discussions.  Then theres the dad who wasnt really interested before and now is!  We are very excited for them they called the Arocha family and they came to stake conference yesterday and liked it a lot.  We were very excited. As for other investigators, the girlfriend of Ricardo who got baptized (shes a member and how we found ricardo) She has been having a bunch of problems lately with sick family and new houses and all that jazz.  Well her parents had been watching/helping her a little with this and they wanted to know how and why she has so much peace in her life in spite of so many problems.  So we are teaching them now and took out a baptismal date for 2 weeks! References are the absolute best way to do missionary work. It really helps a lot.
Yesterday was stake conference and I saw so many old friends from Ezpeleta.  It was so cool actually being able to talk to them because before I didn't know the language yet.  It was really cool. The pic of the dog is just a dog I saw that I thought looked like Toby. Ha!  So ya hope everythings going well over here.  You are all in my prayers.
lvlv
elder schupple

No comments: