Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, July 26, 2010

Last email from Argentina/ Feelings about the mission/7 days to go!


Ha!  That application to date an RM was really funny!   First of all I wanted to wish Grandma Gisela a happy bday!


Wow this past week was a good one.  We had 10 lessons with members present and found some great investigators and..... I was spit on.   As I was walking away after being spit on I started thinking about how great my mission has been. I realized something very important that I think every missionary in the field should know, and that is that this really is the best mission in the world, with the best people in the world. Occasionally yes you will have someone want to rob you or spit on you or even kick you in the butt, but I just start feeling sorry for them.  They are the ones that need this glorious gospel more than anyone.  I feel so sorry for them because they dont know that today we have a prophet talking to God or that the priesthood is on the earth again along with the actual church of Jesus Christ!   Ive always known that this work is important but the urgency of it is just sad. Baptism is one of the first steps to get into the celestial kingdom. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have and be a representative of this wonderful work.

I hope I come home the way you all expect me to be but more than that I hope that my Father accepts the work I've done.
I'll tell everyone how my week went next week. Thanks for the schedule.  I'm excited to see you all!
love elder schupple

P.S.  Mom-- of course ill keep writing you, in fact how about every sunday night i just call or chat with ya :)
Love you mom... thanks so much for writing me every single monday for 2 years.  I love you
 
p.s.s Hey an elder emailed these pictures...I'll email more later

1 comment:

Venna said...

Elder Schupple! What a great man you have become! I've enjoyed watching you grow right along side E. Rice for the past 2 years! I love what you said about the people and the work! I have no doubt that your efforts have been well received by your Heavenly Father...

We expect a visit when you make it Utah!!!
Sinceramente,
Gavin's mom