Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Work is rolling on!

Thats fun that you saw Elder Rice´s mom, and that card board cut out of him is really funny!   Jackies Lake Powell trip looks like it was way fun.... I'm kinda jealous our youth conferences were always kinda... not like that. Then again we didnt really have the resources that they have in Utah. SARAH IS GETTING MARRIED???? Thats great!  Shes def one of my fav cousins.  Shes got a good head on her shoulders, and thats kinda wierd that im gunna be there for it.  I'm so used to missing weddings and babies being born and big events like this.... wierd. As for the talk, just let me know what the bishop wants me to talk about and I'll be happy to give a talk.  Ha at least this time I'll have some time to prepare. I think I get the message your sending about the talk when i come home also...I'll be sure to not just give a "this was my mission" talk. I remember those kind of talks as well, to me as a kid I'm pretty sure I enjoyed those more but I remember Bishop Worthen saying once that when you come home from your mission you should not give a talk like that, it should be a talk that enlightens others and not just a recap of the past 2 years of your life. Ill do the best i can plus add some spiritual experiences from my mission that helped me a lot.

As for this past week, now that the mundial is over, the people are all more friendly and accepting.  We found 7 new investigators this past week so thats good.  We just need to get back up the standard of 12 now. The good part is that the ward members have been helping us a lot going with us to lessons.  They even help with all the games, so with that we have been keeping a steady 10 lessons with members present. So "Go ward members!"  On Tuesday we had district meeting and we decided to go out and look for people to come into the church to tour it and teach them a little. It worked out a lot better than I thought it would.  I went with Elder Keller from the offices and we had a great experience finding four people together. It was a great success and we´ll probably do that again in the future.

Now for some of the bad news.  This past week I got sick.  It started Wednesday and I was in bed dying until friday evening. Then Saturday we had a service project helping a member build his house, and I started sweating really bad even though it was freezing outside (i felt like i was going to pass out). So I took a rest and luckily didnt get sick again. Then Sunday it rained and now the entire zone is sick except for me :) However I did slip and fall a couple times cuz my shoes dont have any traction walking in mud.  So that was unfortunate, but things like that happen in the mission.

The office elders are starting to call me and Elder Stienkuhler [who went out with me from the MTC] these days telling us to cut our hair and start packing and a bunch of stuff.  Its wierd....and kinda like their teasing us cuz it still doesnt feel like we are leaving yet. Im glad I'm ending near Elder Stienkuhler cuz he keeps reminding me to start buying stuff and reminds me of a lot of things.

Youre all in my prayers, i love you all

elder schupple

ps the pics are of of me and my comp, Elder Roy, we're in in this store because we were visiting a member and I remembered you wanted just us 2 so I had the member take the pic.  Also included are some  pics of the filters for the water that we were using.   I changed them after who knows how long...ya. Plus there are some pics of Argentine $
lvlv



No comments: