Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gift of tongues/teaching in Spanish

First off: Happy birthday happy birthday happy happy birthday to Nat! :) Sorry I dont have time to do the entire song.
Thank you all for the pics. They totally made my day, and I was so happy the next day was pday so I could look at all of them (this weeks goal was obedience and we aren't supposed to look at pics until pday) So ya I was so excited to look at all of them today :) my nieces are by far the cutest nieces in my district. Sorry I havn't sent the memory card yet. I was going wait till I had some pics with the Schreks but our appointments keep falling through so I'm just going send it without pics of them. Hey if you want, you could put more pics on the mem card and just send that. But I love the actual pics too, so if you want to do that then I'm totally ok with that also.
Ok, so the title of this email is teaching in spanish because this past week was our first time teaching in spanish. I was kinda nervous all week because I just wasn't remembering any of the stuff we would memorize the day before. I was getting more and more nervous every day especially because my companion Elder Jones is so good at spanish. Everyday we would practice and he would teach perfectly. Then I would try to teach and it was just terrible.... so ya the butterflies started flying in my stomach. So I prayed a lot this week and was just trying my best to study the lessons but it just seemed like I wasnt getting very far very fast. Anyway so Thursday finally comes and I'm just like whatever. It'll be over in an hour anyway. Maybe I'll just bear my testimony and Elder Jones will teach the rest. So we get started and when it came time for me to start teaching I just started saying what I would do in english and it turned out the spanish just came to me. I taught half the time instead of just bearing my testimony. Every time I'd finish a principle and hand it over to Elder Jones I would just think "wow that turned out nicely" After I taught the last principle and bore my testimony I felt the spirit so strong that I just wanted to jump up and down/cry. The spirit and Heavenly Father helped me so much I couldn't believe it. So I've had my first experience with the gift of tongues. After we finished and walked out Elder Jones just looked over at me and said "Where did that come from?" I was like "I dont know but it wasnt me." Heavenly father blessed me so much.
Gotta go I'm out of time.
Love yawl!
Elder Schupple

No comments: