Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Friday, September 26, 2008

Zone leader stuff/ Visa is in! Going to Argentina Monday!

Hi everyone,
This past week has been rough. On Mon there was an incident with a pinata. The district leader didnt want to tell his district that it wasnt appropriate because he doesnt want everyone to hate him. Sooo Elder Jones and I said we would help him. So we knock on the door and the elders opened it but shut it really quickly. So we knocked again and right when they opened the door Elder Jones put his foot in so they couldnt shut it. Well they started pushing and some elders on our side started pushing and one of the elders moccasin's got caught and ripped, so he started yelling and screaming. We finally went in, got the pinata, gave them the candy in it and destroyed the pinata. The elder whos shoe broke was kinda angry at Elder Jones and I which was unfortunate because he was the only Chicago Bears fan here except me. Anyway after meeting with the Branch Pres and stuff like that everything turned out ok. But shoot I've never felt more like a parent than this time as a Zone leader. We keep telling the elders to be obedient and stuff like that but they just keep on rebelling... but esta bien cuz I leave on Monday! :)
We got our visas and we leave at 10 in the morning so I'll probably be calling you around 10:30 or 11ish. I dont know. It's just whenever we get to the airport and we get time to do it. So ya I am sooooo excited but at the same time scared out of my mind because I dont feel like my spanish is anywhere close to being good enough. I'm going get there and someones going say something to me and I am not going to understand a word of it. O well I'm so excited to go and start serving! Dang it...I had a whole lot to say in this letter but I forgot my sheet that I write all my stuff on. Oh well. Uh well I got a haircut today and the lady pretty much made me bald so I have no hair now so thats unfortunate but whatever...esta bien.
We taught on Tuesday and by this time we were thinking we were pretty hot stuff. Well we were humbled by the teacher we taught. He spoke really fast and asked questions we didnt know how to answer in spanish. So ya that was a humbling experience. We later found out that our teacher had told that teacher to be really hard on us! So that was a little reassuring but still not much.
Elder Jones is singing in mission conference on Sunday and he's a little sick right now so keep him in your prayers if you could. :) Thanks. ok :)
Next time you hear from me I'll be in Argentina :)
Love you all
Elder Schupple

No comments: