Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pres Uchtdorf, Zone Leader, Language fast

So guess why I asked about Alice Carris :) It turns out that Elder Jones is related to her :) Shes his great aunt or something. So give her a call and tell her :) Anyway sorry I just thought that was so cool. This has been a crazy week-- hard, spiritual and stressful :) I'll just start from the beginning... uh i don't remember what I did Monday so we'll start on Tuesday. We had class like always and then Elder Jones and I left early to go to choir. We got our usual seats on the front row and after practice we went to dinner really quick but when got back to the devotional place we were surprised to see that it was packed! The only seats that weren't taken were the choir seats. We were all pretty excited to see who was going to be speaking to us. It turns out it was Pres Uchtdorf! :) Amazing :) How people find out Ill never know. He gave an amazing talk and left a great blessing for us. So in the past 4 weeks we have had 3 apostles speak to us: Oaks, Cook, Uchtdorf. What an amazing blessing. I put the notes I took in my journal so when I get back I'll have to show them to you. Oh goodness it was sooooooo cool! The spirit was so strong. So that was great. Then on Wed my district had a language fast. So no speaking english the entire day. Let me just tell you it was sooo hard for me. Do you have any idea what its like to have something to say but have no idea how to say it? Well its no fun and I struggled a lot but it was a good experience. It made me think of how in 2 weeks I'll be speaking nothing but espanol for 2 years. I'm so excited but it was a huge reality check for me. Im kinda scared but esta bien. On another note, Elder Jones and I were called to be zone leaders. I was kinda scared especially since it will cut a lot of my language time out, but I'll just have to pray more and use every second of my study time. So thats the latest update here. O mom could you possibly send me a cd of some good Josh Groban songs like "You are loved" and some of the Christmas songs, also this song i dont know the title of but it starts off like this, "And the roman soldiers laughed as they saw their prisoner stumble.... something something something...O lord my Redeemer thou hast done so much for me..." Sorry i dont know the name but thanks!
Love you all!
The Savior lives and he loves you!
Love
Elder Schupple

No comments: