Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, February 2, 2009

Pic in Feb 09 Liahona, Travolta look alike? Weird investigator








NOOOOOO!!!! Oh man so I’ve been looking all week for this months Liahona [Spanish version of the Ensign] and as I was doing this I kept thinking, “Oh man I hope its not that one picture that I saw where I look like a freaking gordo [fatso]. So I finally found a Liahona and sure enough there I am front and center looking very stunning and very fat. O well I’m in the Ensign…... woo hoo in the Febuary one.
Anyway so mom apparently we look like movie stars, or at least actors. Everyone always wants to see the pictures I carry around of the family and the nieces. Ha so this inactive family saw you mom and was like, “Oh my goodness she is so pretty. She looks like that news lady from Colombia huh.” Ok… then they saw a pic of both of us and were like, “wow you look like John Travolta.” Ha! I was like “what? You’re crazy!” And they were like, “No seriously you could totally be his son.” So thought I’d share that with ya’ll :) Looks like I may have a career in acting.....
Ok now for the weird story of the inactive lady. Ok so we were visiting this lady and she starts blabbing about whatever and suddenly comes out and says that she wants to have another kid (shes 46 btw) So we started talking and were like, “Well your husbands dead. How are you going to do that?” And it turns out she has this long time friend who offered to be the father! Psh creeper! Anyway we started talking about the law of chastity and all that stuff and ya after all that she asked us if we could give her a blessing so she could get pregnant..... We were like, “Uh can we maybe do it the next time or something cuz we gotta go to a lunch appointment.” which was true but we really just wanted to call president and ask him what he thought about that. So we called him and he told us to tell her that we can give her a blessing but it will completely depend on her faith and her OBEDIENCE to the commandments… aka law of chastity. So ya we gotta go do that this next week. Ya wish us luck.
Now for a much better, not as weird story…So before I got here in this area, Elder Aponte and his comp had this investigator named Diego. Diego is 30 unmarried and wants to join the church, but he has this little problem, he has been having an affair with a married woman for a couple years. Ya apparently the missionaries had been trying to tell him to stop but he just says he cant, he loves her and soon she will leave her husband for him. Poor guy... actually no… poor husband that doesn’t know. So this last week we met up with him and he told us that he talked with his lady friend and decided to stop it because he wants to get baptized and receive the blessings from it. He also has a very special testimony about tithing he says he cant wait to be able to pay tithing. What faith huh? So ya that is the happy story of the day.
As for now we are trying to get the pictures working so I’m gunna stop the letter and work on uploading these pictures.
love you all
elder schupple
ps thanks for the pictures everyone. Happy Bday brit! :)

No comments: