Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, January 26, 2009

Ok so im going to write ya'll first today cuz I have a bunch to say and I don't want to run out of time. Plus i want to be happy while writing this letter.

Ok so first of all we have a new mission address its

Quitana 447

1846 adrogue

buenos Aries Argentina

Next we had a really good week! On Tuesday we found this 20 year old kid from Paraguay and taught him the first lesson. His name is Daniel and he is de diez [or awesome] He wants to learn more and ya its been cool. Then the next time we went over to teach him he brought his 23 year old cousin whose name is Alex who is even better than Daniel! He asked all the right questions and was really excited to read the part we marked for him in the Book of Mormon. The next time we went over he was so happy to see us he just went on and on about how great the Book of Mormon is and how he did on what we told him to do. He prayed after reading it and ask if it was true. He went on and on telling us how he had that same feeling I had described when I shared how i knew it was true. It was a really spiritual experience. I seriously almost started crying. The spirit was just so strong. I was so happy he received an answer to his prayer. It seriously just boosted my testimony of the Book of Mormon and prayer after hearing that. Anyway so ya that's Alex and Daniel. I'll let you know how they are doing next week. In other news I'm a lot happier with my comp. We are really starting to get this area moving and now we get along a whole lot better. Hes helping me by leaps and bounds with my castellano [Spanish]and hes really funny. He saw a picture of mom and dad and said "Wow i want me and my wife to be like your mom and dad after having 5 kids and 3 grand children." He just went on and on about how you guys looked so young and were in such good shape. So i thought that was funny. Next thing that happened was, we were clapping houses and this guy opened the door and wasn't really interested. He just said "maybe another time guys" So he started closing the door. Then I saw his shirt and it was a limp biscuit shirt. I said "Hey you like limp biscuit?" and he opened up the door a little more and was like, "o ya my son loves them and ya i like some of their stuff." Then Elder Aponte started talking about other bands and after like 5 minutes of that this guy took our pamphlet of the restoration and was like, "Ya come back another day guys and we´ll talk some more. " We went back but his son had been in a car accident so he couldn't talk for very long cuz they were starting to work things out with the car, but we found the son and hes like 26 and an actor who wants to learn more English cuz he speaks a little now but wants to get better. So i was like, "Hey, I can help with that." So we set up a date to come back and the next time we came back we taught the husband and wife cuz the son and daughter weren't there but it was seriously one of the best first lessons iv ever participated in. When we gave them the book of mormon they were so intrigued by it. They were like, "wow this is so cool! No you dont need to mark a part for us to read. We will just start from the beginning cuz we want to read it all." After the lesson was done they tried to give us 20 pesos for teaching them and for the book but of course we told them how what we do we don't do for money and how the gospel of Jesus Christ is for those with and without money. So ya that was a way cool lesson.

I haven't heard anything about my picture being in the liahona but ill be sure to look, I'm sorry about not sending any pictures. My camera is dead and each time I plug it in on Mondays when we are in the computer place it charges for 2 mins then stops. So ya when we get home I look at the camera and its still dead. Today we are in a different area and i didn't know we were going to be doing email here so i don't have my camera here. Psh what luck huh? I'm not really sure how other elders send pics ill ask around.

My new area is called Avellaneda 2. Its a little more cityish but our apartment is a lot worse. We have a lot of cockroaches and they lady next door yells at us every time she sees us. My new companions name is Elder Aponte and hes from Columbia. He's way better now than he was last week in so far as wanting to work .

Thanks everyone for your letters and your prayers love you all

Elder Schupple



PS Maria got baptized this past Saturday!!!!!!! :)

sorry i forgot to tell you in my last email


Huh i don't recognize that elder but why do you have your arms around each other? Mom keep the missionaries good ;) [this is sherra speaking now in my defense....the pic here is the pic Austin is referring to...if you notice it's our own arms that are around our own backs... We had this elder and hi companion over for his 21st B-day and this elder staged the pic like this ;) ]

No comments: