Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, April 6, 2009

Baptism/ Luis stands against opposition / Conference

Wow sounds like everything is great over there in Chicago. This past week was really great first off because Maria´s (the convert in Quilmes) son is getting baptized so that just made the beginning of the week great to know that family is growing closer to being a celestial family. Next we had a great week preaching about conference and we were blessed because of our efforts. Almost the entire family of Luis came except his wife. So that was a bummer. But the good thing was that she prayed the last time we were over there. Something that was interesting was that Luis and Leandro his brother in law received a little bit of opposition for coming to our church. The way they described it was incredible what there friends were saying and then how they defended the book of Mormon and how they felt more peace in our church than any other place. It was something amazing for me. I just wanted to give them a hug after hearing that. So that was way cool. Another thing that started this week off great was as a zone we went to the temple and it was so great. I got a lot out of it and ya. Also how great was this last conference! I think I got more out of this past session than I ever have in all my life. Elder Eyrings talk was absolutely amazing. I don't remember crying so much in one conference. I think I cried like every talk but man it was so great. I think the prophet and apostles were trying to tell us that something difficult is coming and we need to prepare spiritually. The 2 main things i got out of the sessions were stay strong in the church, have faith that everything will be ok, be obedient, live worthily to receive the blessings heavenly father has for you, and when your having troubles with stuff go serve someone. The other thing was that we need to go to the temple more. In Chicago there is a temple very close. I pray that everyone that can go is going. I pray we are being obedient and living so Heavenly Father can bless us. Count your blessings, the virtual tour of your house in your mind is way cool. When I did it this is was I pictured: it was clean, the spirit was there and everyone was happy but then there was a little contention.
I love you all
elder schupple

No comments: