Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, November 2, 2009

Baptismal interviews, baptisms, Miracle of the fire and the Book of Mormon

Awwww my nieces are soooo cute in their Halloween costumes and wow dad and mom lookin..... ummm....young again in your 70's duds..... ha no jk but your both looking very skinny so very nice. As for this past week it was crazy like always :)... new experiences. First of all I did my first interview for Ezeiza B and that went well then I asked this sister who would be doing her baptism. I asked if her brother could and she said no and the bishop said he couldn't and neither can my dad. So I was like ¨Oh OK well how about elder Calderon or Adair?" and she said, ¨No you¨ Ha surprise! (I had taught her once or twice before we split the area so she kinda knew me) so I asked the zone leaders if I could and they said yes so I baptized her this past Saturday. It's always fun. Speaking of this past week; it was a very good week for us here. We found a bunch of great investigators. One guy took a baptismal goal the second visit for Sat the 21st so he has a lot to learn and stuff but it'll be really great. I'm excited for him and for Elder Holladay to get these experiences of the good and the not so good. As for Elder Holladay he is doing great in the language and he is talking a lot more in lessons and helping me to remember little things especially like doing contacts because those are one of my least favorite things to do. So he's helping me keep those up. So ya he is awesome. This last Wednesday morning we had a little scare. As we were walking there were these three guys and one of them asked us for a peso so he could buy wine. I told him no but he started following us saying bad words and telling us to give him a peso and our money. So after saying no again he gave my bag/butt a kick. I turned around and he backed off and we kept walking as he kept yelling bad words but luckily nothing happened. We went on our way and had a great day. Then after that I had to do 2 more interviews that went well. OH something that was cool this past week was this lady who came up to us and started telling us that she needed to talk to us. She told us that her house had just burned down and she lost everything except this one book she had that someone gave to her a long time ago. It turned out that this book was the Book of Mormon! Everything in her house burned down but this book was untouched by fire or water from the firefighters. How awesome is that miracle? So we have a cita with her this week and I think that she will probably get baptized in a week or so. So that's exciting. Well got to go. Hope every thing's good.
love you all.
lvlv
Elder Schupple

No comments: