Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, April 5, 2010

Awesome General Conference/Intro to Elder Chavez

So did you guys find a house to live in in St George? If so i want to see the pics :)
Can you all believe how great conference was?????? President Monson starts out by being hilarious, then Elder Packers talk (probably my favorite talk of the conference) was amazing.  we couldnt go to priesthood session because it started at 9 and finished at 11 at night and thats just not a good idea for missionaries. So we tried to watch the rerun the next morning but it didnt really work and it was in spanish but from what i got out of Pres Uchtdorf's talk was absolutley amazing. I love how they dont have assigned talks yet they all talked about pretty much the same things-- o sea los familias.  It kinda made me feel left out cuz I dont have a family with me right now but it was awesome for our investigators and I took some awesome notes for when I'm back with the fam tho :) It was such a good conference and the the topic of family was just what our investigators needed... and what I needed.
As for my new comp, let me tell you a little about him:  First of all he is 18 years old and the youngest of 3 brothers, his father is the mission president in Concepcion Chile (right where the earthquake/hurricane hit) so ya he is a great companion, but I think  being 18 makes him a little less confident because he is extremly quiet and its like pulling teeth to make conversation, which is a problem I havnt really had in the past. Its kinda funny that now I've had 3 Chilean comps-- one was 25, the other 23 and this one is18.  In other words I've had the oldest and the youngest in the mission.  I didnt really notice the difference before with my other comps when it comes to age but with him a little more. Its probably all in my head and probably just the personality he has--he's just really quiet. It's not a problem tho.  Its a good thing that I can get different experiences in the mission so OI can adapt myself to them so we get along. He is a really good comp and Im very grateful to be with him.
The work is cruisin along.  We should be baptizing this Saturday if all goes well. I hope all is well at home and that everyones doing well.
lvlv
elder schupple

No comments: