Elder Schupple

Elder Schupple

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sad situation in the ward

Ahhh dont throw my junk away!!!!!! [This in response to telling him we were weeding through his stuff in preparation for our move to Utah]    I like my junk!
I was invited to live with a friend here thats going to UVU but they only needed one more guy in their apt so that would exclude brad so I said no.  Elder Rice said he was probably gunna start school the next semester so im really not sure about who else who would like to room with us. I was also thinking about the dance class and I guess that would be ok. A friend here talked me into it.
But wow talk about a crazy week!  And first of all mom, thanks for that prayer. [Mom woke up one night feeling like Austin was in danger so said a prayer in his behalf]  I think it actually might have been for my comp because he almost got hit by a bus on Tuesday, so thanks for that one. Also happy bday Jackie!  Big 17! woo hoo!!
We baptized  Saturday and I confirmed.  It was awesome stuff, and now for the bad news.
In our ward something very unfortunate happened.  A member that has been seperated from his wife for like 3 weeks was just caught having an afair with another member in the ward. The poor wife is doing really bad so the bishop asked us to visit her every once in a while so thats what we are doing. She told us that shes looking for a psychiatrist because she was suicidal.  We invited her to read the book of mormon and pray a lot. Its been rough because this family used to give us lunch every Thursday so they are both really good friends. We are ok, but its was one of the saddest things Ive ever seen and because the wife caught them in this members house and she just went nuts like anyone would. She said after it happened she waited by the train tracks for 20 mins just waiting for a train to come by so she could jump in front of it. But luckily her brother who isnt a member and lives in Tucuman sent her a txt saying he felt like he needed to talk to her and just told her how much he loved her. So she got a block away and the train passed. Dont hesitate if you feel you should send someone a happy note or a txt.
So ya that was kind of a wet blanket on the week but we are trying to do everything we can.
Also to change the subject-- about telling stories about the mission when i get home....I dont think a time set aside is very nessesary, they can just come as we are doing things like games and stuff. Also my journal isnt exactly filled.  I kinda missed a couple days and when I say a couple I mean a lot. So we'll see how that works out right :) ha sorry.
well love you all
elder schupple
p.s. Oh and have you guys found a house? I want to see pics please :) also we need to start talking about calling info again for Mothers Day :)

No comments: